When on a keto diet, satisfying your sweet tooth can be quite a difficult task.. So I scoured the web for something that could work well with the diet and I luckily found something I had most of the ingredients for.. A lot of them contained ingredients like Xanthan gum and there’s like no stores around here that carries that and it would suck to have to order it from abroad and having to wait ages for it to arrive.. I need to sate my cravings now! Anyway, this recipe was quite simple to follow.. I’m not quite sure what kind of muffin tins they have over in America because the recipe said it would make 6 muffins, but with my muffin liners it made 12.. They’re also quite large even as 12 so wow that would be huge.
Here’s the recipe:
- 200 grams of almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Roughly 100 grams of melted butter
- 45 grams of Erythritol or other artificial sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 60 ml of water
- 135 grams of chopped strawberries
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, Erythritol, vanilla essence and water in a different bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine well.
- Add the strawberries and stir well so it’s evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Fill your muffin tin/liners. The size will determine how many you will get.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or longer if they need it.
As you can see, they’re quite simple to make. They’re not the sweetest muffins in the world but the strawberry bits really add to them. They will probably feel a bit moist but that’s because of the strawberries. After they’ve cooled down a bit just dig in, if you can even wait that long. (I know I couldn’t).